Our #RoW is a delicous dish for two. Welsh Lamb cutlets with herb and garlic sauce
Time: 15 minutes Serves 2
You will need
• 4-6 lean Welsh Lamb cutlets
• 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 100g (4oz) cream cheese
• 90ml (6tbsp) milk
• 30ml (2tbsp) fresh parsley and basil, chopped
• For the chunky fries:
• 2 large baking potatoes, cut into chunky fries
• Oil to cook fries
1. Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 5, 190˚C, 375˚F.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the Welsh Lamb cutlets, garlic and onion and cook until golden on both sides.
3. Once the cutlets are brown, reduce the heat and cook gently for a further 4-5 minutes. Remember to keep the lid on the pan – if the onions start to over cook, remove them and keep them warm.
4. Remove the cutlets once cooked and keep warm.
5. Next add the cream cheese and milk to the pan and stir together with the meat juices. Heat through gently and add the basil and parsley.
6. To make the chunky fries, chop the potatoes and spread on a baking tray with a little oil and cook for 30-40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
7. Serve your cutlets with the chunky fries and seasonal vegetables drizzled with the creamy sauce.